Why you should choose an ARMA managing agent
Whether you’re a Leaseholder, RMC, RTM company, residents’ association, developer, Landlord or Freeholder – you need a managing agent you can rely on to professionally manage your apartment block or estate.
The residential leasehold sector is currently unregulated. Anyone can set up as a managing agent and start collecting service charges without any relevant qualifications or experience.
To become an ARMA (Association of Residential Managing Agents) member, managing agents must go through a rigorous accreditation process and meet the ARMA Consumer Charter & Standards. This is a bespoke set of 180 professional standards aimed at consumer protection and best practice in all areas of residential leasehold management.
Enjoy peace of mind by appointing an agent who confirms to the highest standards in residential leasehold management.
Benefits of choosing an ARMA managing agent:
- Customer service: the ARMA Consumer Charters sets out the high standard of service you can expect
- Good communication: you will be updated regularly with what’s going on in your property
- Professional experience: every member has at least two years’ residential leasehold management experience
- Your service charges: these are held legally and safely in trust as required by law
- Professional Indemnity Insurance: this protects you in the rare incidence of negligence
Highest professional standards: all ARMA agents must not only comply with the RICS Service Charge Residential Management Code but also with the higher ARMA Standards
- Your complaints: members must have a formal complaints procedure
- Independent assurance: members are required to belong to an ombudsman scheme and are independently regulated.